Love talking about the books you read? Like getting to know new people? A book club may be just the thing for you. Here’s a sampling of some adult book discussions scheduled around ACPL for the month of August. We also have book discussions for kids and teens; our calendar of events is a great place to look for things to do!
- August 6, 7 pm. Cleopatra by Stacy Shiff. Monday Night Book Club at Grabill.
- August 6, 7:30 pm. Beowulf and Gilgamesh. Dead Authors Book Club at Tecumseh.
- August 13, 2 pm. 2 choices this month! Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs and The Leopard by Jo Nesbo. Criminal Minds Book Club at Dupont.
- August 8, 1 pm. The Cat’s Table by Michael Ondaatje. Lunch & Lit book club for adults at Grabill.
- August 8, 2 pm. Farm to Fork by Emeril Lagasse. Mitch Hardy from Hardy’s Farm Market will join us as a guest speaker this evening. Read the club’s selection ahead of time, cook a food item from it if you like, bring it in to share! Cookbook Book Club at Aboite.
- August 15, 7 pm. Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis. Those Witty Brits adult book discussion club. New Haven.
- August 28, 7 pm. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. Classics Adult Book Club at Dupont.
- August 29, 2 pm. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. Adult Book Club at Aboite.